Digestive Disorders & Gut Health
According to the Gut Foundation of Australia, half of the entire population experiences some sort of digestive problem within a 12-month period. For the many clients I have worked with it has become a source of frustration, pain and fatigue. They have accepted it as their normal and up until now have suffered unnecessarily and taken medication to treat the symptoms.
Having good digestive function and a healthy gut microbiome is absolutely essential for optimising overall wellbeing and healing from chronic health issues. Everything comes back to the gut and naturopathic medicine is at the forefront of properly treating digestive issues.
You may be experiencing uncomfortable daily symptoms:
- Indigestion, bloating, excessive gas
- Abdominal cramping
- Food intolerances & allergies
- Having to regularly cancel social events
- Unsure of what to eat anymore
- Decreased stress tolerance & anxiety
The good news is that naturopathic medicine offers effective solutions for uncovering and treating the root cause of digestive issues.
There are many reasons why you might be experiencing symptoms:
- Dysbiosis (imbalance of ‘good’ and ‘bad’ microflora in the gut ecosystem)
- Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO)
- Intestinal Permeability (‘leaky gut’)
- Thyroid issues
- Medication side effects (e.g. antibiotics, antacids)
- Lack of hydrochloric acid & digestive enzymes
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Chronic unresolved stress
A combination of thorough investigate case-taking and functional testing, e.g. Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis (CDSA), Thyroid testing, Food intolerance testing and SIBO Breath testing allows a thorough and integrated approach, alongside working with a knowledgeable practitioner.
My personal mission is to help as many people as I can treat the root cause of their health concerns. Book in online now and discover what it’s like to heal the gut and live symptom free.